The Adriatic for the Adriatic
Did you know that around 12 million tonnes of plastic waste end up in the sea every year? Join our initiative.
Hotel Adriatic has recognised the growing threat to marine biodiversity that is plastic pollution. That is why we have decided to take direct environmental responsibility in our business and replace almost all disposable plastic products with available alternatives. By doing so, Hotel Adriatic actively advocates a plastic-free working environment and holidays.
- At Hotel Adriatic, we also organise panel discussions on the subject matter. For example, on Earth Day, we held a panel discussion which presented the goals of THE ADRIATIC FOR THE ADRIATIC initiative and reflected on innovative recycled materials, while on World Oceans Day, we had a panel discussion on how to live, work and enjoy your holiday more sustainably, with panellists from Rovinj’s Center for Marine Research from the Ruđer Bošković Institute, as well as marine biologists and initiators of the project.
- VIDEO: Say No to Plastic – The Adriatic for the Adriatic 2019
Maistra, an Adris Group company, is aware of the growing threat to marine biodiversity that is plastic pollution and therefore takes concrete measures to reduce pollution in its business operations. Hotel Adriatic, part of the Maistra Collection brand, has replaced almost all of its disposable plastic products with available alternatives. As such, it is an active advocate for a plastic-free working environment and holidays.
The implementation of this initiative involves the active participation of hotel employees, its suppliers and partners, as well as its guests and citizens, who use the hotel’s services on a daily basis.
- Since 2018, the Adriatic has been replacing plastic straws with paper ones.
- To date, Hotel Adriatic has stopped using 80% of its disposable plastic (bathroom products, beverage bottles, bags, containers, cups, etc.), with its primary goal being to completely stop the use of disposable plastic products in its guest-related business by the end of the year. In other words, the hotel will stop offering and selling all disposable plastic products in its rooms, bars and restaurant.
- Furthermore, we only use biological cleaning products in Hotel Adriatic.
- The hotel encourages collaboration with suppliers whose products (cosmetics, printed materials, and even staff uniforms) are made of natural, biological, ecologically friendly or recycled materials.
- Among other things, hotel guests have the option of choosing environmentally friendly experiences during their holiday. For example, they can watch dolphins with local dolphin whisperers or explore the green market in Rovinj, discover award-winning Istrian brands of organic olive oil and sustainable shopping opportunities, etc.
Hotels in Rovinj
Enjoying sweeping views of the sea and the islands of the Rovinj archipelago from our modern suites, followed by breakfast in the historic villa – can you think of a better way to start your day? To top it off, treat yourself with a visit to Island Wellness & Spa for maximum relaxation. With miles of promenades and beaches as well as restaurants and bars, this is one place you will want to come back and visit again.
Camp at this top-quality resort with the natural beaches in the shade of fragrant pine trees overlooking Rovinj and enjoy all the amenities on offer. Choose from spacious pitches with electricity, water and drainage hook-ups, comfortable mobile homes with private terraces, and 20 glamping tents. There are also three outdoor swimming pools by the sea and restaurants and bars for refreshment. A fantastic animation programme for children and teenagers, as well as an excellent choice of land sports and water sports, will make your holiday at this campsite fulfilling and revitalising.
Maistra’s largest campsite, Polari, is located in a serene bay near the town of Rovinj, where you can wake up surrounded by the sea, centuries-old olive trees, rows of cypresses and fragrant pine forest. The campsite features numerous sports and entertainment activities for the whole family, a large pool complex and spray park, natural beaches, as well as bars and restaurants for quick refreshment during the day or dinner savouring the local specialities. Rovinj is only 3.5 km away and can be reached by bike or on foot along the coastal cycling and walking trail.
Visit the campsite situated in a peaceful bay with the most beautiful pebbled beach, just five kilometres from Rovinj. Choose from well-equipped pitches up to 140 sq. metres in size and comfortable mobile homes with a terrace. Alongside diving, an aqua park and an array of water sports, the campsite also offers a large swimming pool complex and a spray park. The attractive locations by the beach and the pools feature restaurants and bars serving local specialities and your favourite beverages.
You will find endless adventures and exploration opportunities as soon as you set foot in the most modern family hotel in Croatia. Family Hotel Amarin is located on a green peninsula in a Mediterranean park with playgrounds for outdoor entertainment. Most of the 280 rooms offer great views of the sea or the town of Rovinj. Explore the beaches around the hotel, check out the fun and educational programmes of the unique Amarin Kids Club, and try the spa treatments for children and adults.
The Grand Park Hotel Rovinj is a holiday experience that comes to life with great ease. It is harmoniously situated on Rovinj’s east shore, serving remarkable vistas of the Old town and a revitalising wellness & spa experience. The Grand Park hides many small pleasures. Take enough time to discover them.
This chic boutique hotel is located in Rovinj’s historic centre and is entirely inspired by art. Every part of the hotel is decorated with art by Croatian artists made exclusively for the hotel. And if you feel inspired to create a piece of your own, the view of Rovinj’s rooftops from your room is an excellent motif with which to start.
A unique hotel with a charming atmosphere located in Lone Bay, in the shade of the fragrant Golden Cape forest park. With first-class service and a long tradition of individual approach to every guest, you can relax to the fullest with our Mediterranean beauty treatments and fragrances of Istria at our wellness and spa centre or stay active by playing tennis, swimming or cycling.
Hotel Lone, the first Croatian member of the lifestyle brand Design Hotels™, offers a unique blend of premium beauty, style, and design. One-of-a-kind shape and architecture that are as intriguing on the outside as they are inspiring on the inside. Just as we want you to be and feel after staying in Lone.
Enjoy the carefully curated cuisine in one of three high-end restaurants, soak up the sun at the Beach Club with a refreshing cocktail in your hand or simply relax in our boutique wellness and spa designed to offer you pampering for the body and relaxation for the mind. Monte Mulini, an adults-only experience that will revitalise you in true hedonistic fashion
Island Hotel Istra, located on the island of St Andrew, has everything you need for a relaxing holiday: miles of beaches and promenades, a swimming pool complex, and a Wellness & Spa oasis with a Mediterranean garden. La Serra Restaurant, Anno Domini 547, located in the same building which was once Baron Hütterott’s summer residence, offers a modern take on traditional Mediterranean specialities.