At Maistra Hospitality Group, the well-being of our guests, employees and community is of the utmost importance. Therefore, we are acting responsibly by closely monitoring the situation surrounding the coronavirus and by taking steps in line with the recommended procedures and protocols issued by the Croatian Institute of Public Health in accordance with the recommendations of the World Health Organization.
[DAILY UPDATE] Latest case numbers in Croatia: https://www.croatiacovid19.info/
Welcome to Our Hotels & Resorts – we are open!
We opened our hotels and resorts and provided even more space and safety so that you can enjoy your stay. For reservations and more information please visit www.maistra.com/accommodation
Our campsites are open from end of May. For reservation or more information please visit www.maistracamping.com
Prevention and Control
We have always taken our standards of hygiene and cleanliness seriously, now more than ever in light of the current situation. We are training and educating our hotel team on housekeeping and hygiene protocols on a daily basis. We have also elevated our already high standard practices regarding food handling, and have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all rooms and surfaces in the building, especially in public spaces, focusing on high-touch surfaces.
- Online registration available to guests by e-mail before arrival.
- Detailed information for guests concerning COVID-19 measures at the hotel.
- Limitation of the number of guests at the reception.
- Social distancing in the reception area.
- Hand sanitiser at the property entrance and front desk or lobby area.
Restaurants & Bars
- Hand disinfection at the entrance of restaurants and bars.
- Tables arranged in a way to facilitate social distancing between guests.
- It is mandatory to wear the protective mask.
- Disinfection of tables after each guest including all items on the table.
- Staff adheres to good personal hygiene practices (frequent handwashing, cough hygiene).
- All employees are trained for safe and hygienic food preparation and service practices.
- Maistra conducts self-inspection using the company’s food safety standards as guidelines.
- Buffet service is carried out with food served by staff (self-service is not permitted).
- Implementation of the new cleaning plans that involve disinfection of all surfaces and areas.
- Information about the new procedures for room cleaning and linen changes available to guests.
- Room linen will be changed on request (in case the guest does not want the room serviced during their stay).
- Room maids will wear gloves and masks.
- All rooms will be cleaned with the windows and doors open to increase air circulation in order to ventilate the space.
- Special attention given to disinfecting frequently touched surfaces after cleaning (furniture, mini bar, light switches, telephone, hairdryer, safe, knobs, remote control, taps, pushbuttons, hangers etc.).
- In public areas, a detailed plan of cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces is implemented to help reduce the risk of infection.
- Installed disinfectant gel dispensers in the different areas of the hotel, including public toilets used by guests and by staff, and other areas of interest.
- Handwashing instructions placed in public toilets.
- Cleaning record visible to guests in all public toilets.
Kids Club in Family Hotel Amarin
- Activities for two different groups of children will not be conducted together.
- Registration for the activity time and group is mandatory.
- Hands sanitiser available at the entrance to the Kids area.
- Before entering the Kids area, temperature control, hand disinfection and a cold symptoms check is mandatory.
- All toys are disinfected several times during the day.
- A special kids programme will be displayed daily.
- The toilet in the kids area is for children’s use only.
- Any entry of other persons, including parents, into places where the children are staying is avoided.
- Parents should fill the check-in form for the Amarin Kids Club in advance and bring it together with their child(ren) to the Amarin Kids Zone reception area. They will be provided with the form at the reception at check-in.
- Children with special needs can use the Kids area according to individual arrangements withthe tutors.
- Working hours 9am to 8pm. Daily general disinfection and ventilation of the area is conducted between 1.30pm and 2.30pm when the Kids Zone is closed.
- Parents must bring and collect their children respecting the prescribed social distancing rules.
- Babysitting will be available on request at the reception (at additional charge).
Beach, pool and spa areas
- Staff provided with face masks and gloves.
- During all treatments, protective equipment or a face mask will be used.
- Frequently touched objects and surfaces with disinfection plan.
- Pools and beaches ensure social distancing with sunlounger spacing plan.
- Sunloungers disinfected regularly. We recommend covering the sunloungers with a towel before use.
- All types of wet saunas are closed. Only dry saunas are open, like the Finnish sauna.
- Saunas and communal areas are aired with fresh air, where possible.
- Restricted number of persons may use the sauna at any one time.
- Family Hotel Amarin - In order to ensure a relaxed and safe use of indoor swimming pools and saunas, from 6 January 2021 we have introduced mandatory swimming pool and sauna booking slots. Bookings can be made at the Marwel Wellness reception at the hotel.
- We follow the guidelines and recommendations of local authorities: https://www.hzjz.hr/sluzba-epidemiologija-zarazne-bolesti/koronavirus-najnovije-preporuke/
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based disinfectant,
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or tissue that you dispose of immediately and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth, nose and eyes,
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell and exhibit symptoms of fever, cough and/or shortness of breath.
- All employees should stay home if they are unwell. Call your doctor and avoid going to a healthcare facility unless advised by your doctor.
- Avoid handshaking and close conversation - maintain social distancing.
- We monitor the employees’ body temperature by contactless thermometer every day when they arrive to work. We keep records of temperature measurements to ensure the safety and health of our staff at all times.
- We have a defined procedure in case of coronavirus in one of our properties with all the SOPs and contact numbers (https://www.hzjz.hr/sluzba-epidemiologija-zarazne-bolesti/postupanje-zdravstvenih-djelatnika-u-slucaju-postavljanja-sumnje-na-novi-koronavirus-2019-ncov/).
- Protective gloves are mandatory for staff serving food and performing housekeeping activities.
- All Maistra properties have been provided with information about COVID-19 and detailed management instructions.
Your safety is our priority – how can you help
To help us keeping you and our staff safe, please follow the guidelines and recommendations of the authorities:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based disinfectant.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or tissue paper hat you later discard into the trashcan and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth, nose and eyes.
- Avoid close contact with sick people who exhibit symptoms of fever, cough and / or shortness of breath.
- Avoid handshaking and close conversation - maintain social distancing (min 2 m).
- Wear face masks where is not possible to maintain the social distancing of 2 m.
- Should you notice symptoms of fever, cought and / or shortnes of breath, please call our reception from your room.
Border crossing rules
For easier and faster border crossing, we recommend submitting your data in advance via the website entercroatia.mup.hr. In this way you can avoid additional delays at the border crossing as the border police will have your data in the system.
On the European Commission website 'Re-open EU' you can check information on travel within the European Union, the situation at the borders, and all available transport and tourism services in EU member states.
For additional information please visit www.koronavirus.hr/en
To make your planned holiday carefree, we have decided to organize free testing at the destination of your stay for all our guests who are required to get tested in order to return to their country of residence. The PCR test results will be provided within 36 hours in Croatian.*
Frequently asked questions
What are the conditions of entry into the Republic of Croatia?
You can check the current information regarding the conditions of entry into the Republic of Croatia at www.koronavirus.hr/en.
In order to facilitate your entry and stay in Croatia, we kindly ask you to fill out the online form at entercroatia.mup.hr.
Are all services at the properties available and what are the prescribed measures?
All amenities at the properties that are now open are at our guests’ disposal. Opening hours of restaurants, bars, wellness & spa centres, and sport facilities can be found on the property’s website.
According to the latest recommendations and decisions of the relevant institutions, face masks must be worn in closed public spaces.
Do I have to self-isolate upon returning home?
For the conditions of your return, please contact the competent authorities of the country you come from.
What happens if a guest gets infected during their stay? And what about other guests?
In case of suspicion of COVID-19 infection, the hotel staff will contact the competent health institutions, which will act according to the defined protocol. Details of the protocol can be found at https://www.hzjz.hr/sluzba-epidemiologija-zarazne-bolesti/postupanje-zdravstvenih-djelatnika-u-slucaju-postavljanja-sumnje-na-novi-koronavirus-2019-ncov
Do cancellation conditions change in case a guest gets infected?
No, they do not change.
How will the number of guests at the pool, beach, restaurant, and wellness centre, as well as the social distance between them, be controlled?
At swimming pools and beaches social distancing is ensured with the help of an allocation plan for sunloungers. Guests are also asked to take measures to protect themselves, other guests and members of staff.
What has changed compared to last year?
News about the functioning, current offer and service of each property can be found on our website.
We will continue following the guidelines of the local and global health authorities and taking relevant health and safety measures to ensure our valued guests a safe environment and the desired level of experience.
We hope that you and your family will remain safe and that we will be able to welcome you very soon!
Maistra Hospitality Group
*Valid for stays in Maistra facilities in the period until 15 September. For bookings in the minimal amount of EUR 1000, testing is free for up to 2 persons, for bookings in the minimal amount of EUR 1500 up to 3 people, and for bookings in the minimal amount of EUR 2000 up to 4 people.