Rovinj and Vrsar: with a one-point advantage
Significantly, at the beginning of the 1970s, the attractive Istarska Rivijera (Istrian Riviera) international tennis tournament took place for the first time in Croatia, whilst a few years later Rovinj and Vrsar hosted their first groups of tennis enthusiasts. The tournament today offers ATP points.
Today, this is a destination where amateurs from around the world meet and take part in organised tennis schools and well-known tennis camps. They choose Rovinj and Vrsar as attractive locations offering optimal infrastructure and outstanding accommodation for enjoying active holidays all year round.
Over the years, tennis in this interesting destination has attracted many players, including some of the most famous names of the tennis world such as the legendary Goran Ivanišević, Grand Slam Cup winner Petr Korda, and former world number ones Boris Becker and Thomas Muster.
Why Rovinj and Vrsar?
- 60 tennis courts
- a favourable geographic location
- a mild Mediterranean climate
- accommodation of choice: hotels and resorts 3*, 4*, 5*
- a top-quality gourmet offer
- a healthy cuisine adapted to athletes
- friendly hosts
- an attractive leisure and entertainment offer
We would like to present just some of the tournaments organised so far in Rovinj and Vrsar:
- Istarska Rivijera tennis tournament
- ITF tennis tournaments for U18 juniors (grade 1)
- TE tennis tournaments for U14 juniors (grade 2)
- TE tennis tournaments for U12 juniors (grade 2)
- ITF GMP Cup Rovinj tennis tournaments (grade 1)